Skip to main content

"Pleasing the Architect of Fate" - Tzaangors II

A cruel streak resides within the soul of every Tzaangor, 
and their artistic pretensions are often set aside 
in favour of sheer, shocking brutality. 



Hello fellow Caesurians, welcome back to The Art of Caesura!

Today's topic is a follow on from a few weeks ago when we were looking at Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower's denizens, the Tzaangors. I originally intended to post these the next week, but there was much intervening excitement: The blog's second birthday, The Great Unclean One, and the first hiking post.

Warhammer Quest Silver Tower

I went through my thoughts behind painting these guys in the first post about them a couple of weeks ago, but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! 


Warhammer Quest Silver TowerWarhammer Quest Silver Tower


Warhammer Quest Silver TowerWarhammer Quest Silver Tower

Warhammer Quest Silver Tower

Warhammer Quest Silver Tower

I really like the subtle differences in each of these models. The guys holding the 2-handed axe (that I posted previously) have feather-like pinions, hooves and large pauldrons with a more closed posture giving them a more tanky lumbering look. Whereas the Tzaangors above (with shields) have more of a beastman look with their manes, but avian feet.

Warhammer Quest Silver TowerWarhammer Quest Silver Tower


Warhammer Quest Silver TowerWarhammer Quest Silver Tower

Warhammer Quest Silver Tower

Warhammer Quest Silver Tower

And then there are the Tzaangors with the two hand weapons who really know how to dice up our heroes (my wife's Mistweaver, and my Darkoath Chieftain). They have crazy tentacle heads which I painted the same as my blue horrors (i.e. getting darker towards the tips of the tentacles). 

Warhammer Quest Silver Tower

And there's the big happy family of beastly avian abominations; ready for another sortie in the Silver Tower! Catch you next time on The Art of Caesura!

P.S. This last week, two games that I backed on Kickstarter arrived: The World of Smog Rise of Moloch and Zombicide Green Horde!! You can expect to see a lot of content from these in the coming months!




Reading: The Dinner - Herman Koch
Watching: The Shape of Water - Del Toro
Drinking: Buried at Sea - Galway Bay Brewery


Next Week:

A hero built like a teapot...

Comments

  1. I cannot thank you enough for the article.Much thanks again. Much obliged.
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. I like it. Thanks clipping path service

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad the folks at "Clipping Path Service" seem to like this post so much. I presume this is spam, but at least it's nice spam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Liam. Does anyone know why this specific post has generated so much spam?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me all...

Popular posts from this blog

The Full Stop - Oathsworn: Into the Deepwood

The monstrous Deepwood has consumed the land.  No farms or fields remain. There is only corruption, rot and the endless shadow of the twisted trees. ~ Shadowborne Games Pot's Peace, Oathsworn. Welcome to The Art of Caesura! What's all this then, TWO posts in one day!? Well yes, you see timing is of the essence here. Today marks the 200th post of The Art of Caesura , so if you haven't had a chance to check out the celebratory post, please do so !  There is also a Kickstarter ongoing at the moment, that I am getting quite excited by, but it closes on Tuesday, so if I left it till next Friday to tell you about it...it would be too late! Hence, in a world first, two hits of The Art of Caesura in one day! Now onward, into the world of Oathsworn: Into the Deepwood ! Credit: Shadowborne Games Nota bene : I am not associated with Shadowborne Games, and am just writing this because it is something that I am genuinely excited about. None of the

"The Skinny" - Scale 75 Flesh Paint Set Review

The complexion of a light-skinned face  divides into three zones: The forehead has a light golden colour  because it's freer of muscles and surface capillaries. The ears, cheeks and nose all lie within the central zone of the face.  Those areas have more capillaries carrying oxygenated blood near the surface, causing the reddish colour... The zone from the nose to the chin (where there are relatively more veins carrying blue deoxygenated blood) tends toward a bluish, greenish or greyish colour. Some artists accentuated this subtle bluish or greenish hue to bring out the reddish lip colour. Color and Light (page 156) - James Gurney Welcome all to The Art of Caesura! So I finished all the models in Warhammer Quest Silver Tower!! Wooohooo!! Now for something a bit different!  This week I'm going to do something I've never done on the blog before: write a review!! I've been wanting to write my thoughts on  Scale 75 's Flesh Paint Set for ov

Citadel COLOUR Contrast Paints First Impressions / Review

Hello and welcome to a special edition of The Art of Caesura! I've just returned from Warhammer Fest 2019 (and what a brilliant time it was!) Without a doubt, the big reveal of the festival was the new Contrast Paints that Games Workshop are touting.  They have seriously been marketing the bejesus out of these things, whether it be the three hilarious teaser videos in recent months: Leading up to today's reveal trailer: Or the heavy branding throughout today's swag bag and arena: Including half of an entire floor devoted to display cases of miniatures painted entirely with the new Contrast Paints - and, more excitingly, demo pods where we could give them a spin ourselves! But, I'm getting ahead of myself. I attended a seminar on the science behind the new Contrast Paints and between that and what I saw (and experienced) today, I'd like to share as much of it with you as possible. At the moment information i