Skip to main content

"I Will Break You" - Renegade Ogryn Berserker

Ogryn Berserkers are Ogryns corrupted by Khornate Chaos Warbands, 
driven insane by bloodlust and evolving into ferocious 
and bloodthirsty beasts. Similar to Khorne Berzerkers, 
these creatures were lobotomized 
and injected with a powerful combat drug known as "Slaught".

~ 1d4chan


Well hello again friends of the Caesura!

It's another beautiful Friday in my corner of the world and there's a great festival this weekend, so if you're in this neck of the woods (South-West Ireland) come check it out!

Before our Full Stop look at Hellboy last week (the Kickstarter is over ONE MILLION EURO) we spent the previous two weeks tiptoeing through the empty halls of Hive Primus on Necromunda, now it's time to populate them!



Now, this model isn't technically from Necromunda, but as soon as I saw him, I felt like his aesthetic just so fit this setting. The model is Forge World's Renegade Ogryn Berserker (with post) - such a cool model!

I've only done a few Forge World models to date, but I really love their stuff! Unfortunately this time, however, his pole got a bit broken en route, so I fixed it!



I've used Greenstuff for years, but this was my first time using Milliput. It was really easy to use, but was a completely different texture - more like artists clay. 


Below is a work-in-progress shot of this dude. Especially his "Venom", a la Bane, (or "Slaught") canisters on his back. I never remember to use sub-assemblies and always just excitedly stick everything together at once, but I'm so glad I remembered this time because those canisters would have been really tricky to get at with a big slab of concrete in my way! But I'm really happy with how they turned out - fluid levels, reflections and all!




For his skin I used my usual recipe for standard Caucasian skin - it looks a bit washed out in the pics below, but actually looks a bit more true-to-life in the WiP pics above.




Oooh, I should say, before we go any further, that obviously his base is just a place-holder. I'm going to use the same base that comes with the rest of the Necromunda models (Sector Mechanicus, is that it?) and will do it when I'm doing the rest of them. 

I'll let some of the pictures do the talking. Enjoy!





For his eye lenses, it was my first time using a new paint that I just picked up: Vallejo's Model Colour "Green Fluo". It's nice and bright, but I didn't have the balls to do the OSL effect that I was planning to. 



I really pushed myself with his venom injectors. In the past when I've painted vials I would paint the "non-fluid side" white, like on Delphan Gruss over here. It worked in that case because the background was an off-white colour. But when I initially painted the top of these canisters white it just didn't work. 

When I though more about it, I realized that the inside of these canisters would be shrouded in shadow, so I tried to emulate that. 


I hope you enjoyed this look at a big bruiser that I'll be using in Necromunda. Stay tuned for more awesomeness on The Art of Caesura!


Watching: Lost in Space
Reading: Tender is the Night - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Listening: "Welcome Home, Son" - Radical Face 


Next Week:

Getting lost again in the Silver Tower...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Full Stop - Oathsworn: Into the Deepwood

The monstrous Deepwood has consumed the land.  No farms or fields remain. There is only corruption, rot and the endless shadow of the twisted trees. ~ Shadowborne Games Pot's Peace, Oathsworn. Welcome to The Art of Caesura! What's all this then, TWO posts in one day!? Well yes, you see timing is of the essence here. Today marks the 200th post of The Art of Caesura , so if you haven't had a chance to check out the celebratory post, please do so !  There is also a Kickstarter ongoing at the moment, that I am getting quite excited by, but it closes on Tuesday, so if I left it till next Friday to tell you about it...it would be too late! Hence, in a world first, two hits of The Art of Caesura in one day! Now onward, into the world of Oathsworn: Into the Deepwood ! Credit: Shadowborne Games Nota bene : I am not associated with Shadowborne Games, and am just writing this because it is something that I am genuinely excited about. None of the

"The Skinny" - Scale 75 Flesh Paint Set Review

The complexion of a light-skinned face  divides into three zones: The forehead has a light golden colour  because it's freer of muscles and surface capillaries. The ears, cheeks and nose all lie within the central zone of the face.  Those areas have more capillaries carrying oxygenated blood near the surface, causing the reddish colour... The zone from the nose to the chin (where there are relatively more veins carrying blue deoxygenated blood) tends toward a bluish, greenish or greyish colour. Some artists accentuated this subtle bluish or greenish hue to bring out the reddish lip colour. Color and Light (page 156) - James Gurney Welcome all to The Art of Caesura! So I finished all the models in Warhammer Quest Silver Tower!! Wooohooo!! Now for something a bit different!  This week I'm going to do something I've never done on the blog before: write a review!! I've been wanting to write my thoughts on  Scale 75 's Flesh Paint Set for ov

Warhammer 40k for Beginners - Writing an Army List

Hello again good friends of the Caesura! I am glad to report that I am feeling much better than last week, recovered from most of my COVID symptoms. Continuing from last week's post , I'm ready to tell you more about the lists that JP and I took for my first game of Warhammer 40k in over a decade and a half.  I have tried to write this post for those who know very little about playing Warhammer 40k (which was me when I started preparing for this game).  So, I knew that I wanted to keep things straightforward for my first game and that we were playing to 500 points. For those non-warhammerites, this is basically the smallest game you can play - less moving parts to keep track of.  Here is my list again, but this time I will discuss what it all means, and my thought process behind each choice: + Stratagems [-1CP] + Stratagem: Revered Repositories [-1CP] This just means that before the game I used one of my finite resources ("Command Points") to buy a very fancy weapon (