Skip to main content

"Building up the Charge" - Assault Intercessors - Part 1 - The Build

Assault Intercessors are amongst 
the most widespread close-support units 
in a Chapter's arsenal. 
Firing their heavy bolt pistols as they close upon the foe, 
they charge into the fray, 
where they make short work of their enemies 
with brutal swings of their chainswords.



Hello fellow Templars, welcome back to The Art of Caesura!

I hope you enjoyed last week's post - it was a long time coming: the grand finale of our Blackstone Fortress multi-year campaign. 

This week sees my return to my fledgling Black Templars army (it feels weird to say that as I have a multiple-thousand point BT army from my youth, but this is version 2.0. My Primaris Black Templars army). Anyway, we last left off this force a few months ago when I had just finished a Sword Brother who's hair I sculpted! At the time I was really happy with how he, and Marshall Grymm before him had turned out, but I acknowledged that I would have to speed up my process if I wanted to ever get a full army painted. 


My next additions to the force were Assault Intercessors. As I mentioned in my preparations for my first game, these are some of my favorite Primaris Space Marines. They are SO dynamic; multi-ton advanced space warriors thundering down upon you full tilt! I also really like how unadorned these miniature are. I wanted to differentiate them from my Primaris Crusader Squad and Sword Brethren (who are also armed with close combat weapons) by not adding loads of Black Templars jingle jangles to these guys. I wanted to keep them lean and mean. 


I got half of my Assault Intercessors from my Shield Breaker Strike Force (which I believe are the same as the ones you would buy separately in the box) but the other half I hodgepodged together from various introductory magazines and an issue of Imperium Magazine that had 3 push-fit Assault Intercessors. Unfortunately, a few of them were branded as Ultramarines, but it didn't take much to remove the upside down omega symbol (as you can see above). 


Once I finished building my 10 Assault Intercessors, I had caught the building bug! I went on to spend much of June building the majority of the rest of my Black Templars models!!


From this (now sizable) force I separated back out the Assault Intercessors that had originally started all this madness and decided to paint five of them at a time. For me, 5 is the perfect number for batch painting. Any more takes me too long to do all of one element across each model (the foundation of batch painting). 

So we're well on our way now! Tune into The Art of Caesura next week. 


Watching: reveals from the Nova Open


Next Week: 

I want it painted black...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Full Stop - Oathsworn: Into the Deepwood

The monstrous Deepwood has consumed the land.  No farms or fields remain. There is only corruption, rot and the endless shadow of the twisted trees. ~ Shadowborne Games Pot's Peace, Oathsworn. Welcome to The Art of Caesura! What's all this then, TWO posts in one day!? Well yes, you see timing is of the essence here. Today marks the 200th post of The Art of Caesura , so if you haven't had a chance to check out the celebratory post, please do so !  There is also a Kickstarter ongoing at the moment, that I am getting quite excited by, but it closes on Tuesday, so if I left it till next Friday to tell you about it...it would be too late! Hence, in a world first, two hits of The Art of Caesura in one day! Now onward, into the world of Oathsworn: Into the Deepwood ! Credit: Shadowborne Games Nota bene : I am not associated with Shadowborne Games, and am just writing this because it is something that I am genuinely excited about. None of the

"The Skinny" - Scale 75 Flesh Paint Set Review

The complexion of a light-skinned face  divides into three zones: The forehead has a light golden colour  because it's freer of muscles and surface capillaries. The ears, cheeks and nose all lie within the central zone of the face.  Those areas have more capillaries carrying oxygenated blood near the surface, causing the reddish colour... The zone from the nose to the chin (where there are relatively more veins carrying blue deoxygenated blood) tends toward a bluish, greenish or greyish colour. Some artists accentuated this subtle bluish or greenish hue to bring out the reddish lip colour. Color and Light (page 156) - James Gurney Welcome all to The Art of Caesura! So I finished all the models in Warhammer Quest Silver Tower!! Wooohooo!! Now for something a bit different!  This week I'm going to do something I've never done on the blog before: write a review!! I've been wanting to write my thoughts on  Scale 75 's Flesh Paint Set for ov

"From the City of Shadows" - Arkanaut Company (Painting - Part 1)

The City of Shadows has a dubious reputation  amongst the Overlords, often labelled pirates  or worse by other duardin of their rival sky-ports. Barak Mhornar - Games Workshop Welcome back to another Friday on The Art of Caesura! Let's pick it up from last week and dive right back in to the Arkanauts. Last time we saw them they were all grey and naked. No longer!! This is going to be part one of a two-parter on the painting of these guys before we look their bases and then at the finished Company in the following weeks. I was going to try to cram it all into one post, but wow there is a lot of detail on these guys, and we're in no hurry, so best to spread it out and give it all it's due.  Barak Zilfin Colour Scheme When the Kharadron Overlords first came out I was looking at all the colour schemes and thinking "man, Barak Zilfin all the way!  I mean look at all that copper!" But over the year, my tastes have...matured and I came to really