Spawned from the body of Beelzebub himself,
their unholy mission is to prowl No Man’s Land
and spread disease and pestilence in the name of their dark master.
Welcome back one and all to The Art of Caesura!
Happy birthday to my dad in two days!
Last week we started looking at painting these horrifying Black Grail Hounds, now that I have them on their bases, we'll take a closer look.
...But...before we do, I just want to say that I am ALL IN on Trench Crusade at the moment! I've been niggling my hobby friends to jump into the trenches pretty much since the Trench Crusade Kickstarter ran almost 2 years ago, but with the announcement and subsequent launch of the Carcass Front and the global campaign that's running at the moment, my fervour grew to a frenzied pitch and I redoubled my efforts.
Just to be clear, it's not that they weren't keen, it's just that life is busy and they hadn't taken the plunge...until now! So, they're jumping in with both feet; one is siding with The Éire Rangers (a variant of New Antioch) and the other with The Iron Sultanate. I've printed their armies and we're meeting tomorrow to gush about Trench Crusade. Hooray!
Now, back to the hounds at hand.
Once again, I'm really happy with how these guys turned out. I think their bases especially root them in their setting, where Beelzebub spreads corruption wherever the forces of the Black Grail go.
And these little puppies sure do spread corruption - it's one of their special rules, in fact, called "Infested Carcasses"!
One of the core mechanics of Trench Crusade is "Blood Markers". These are given to a model when they are wounded but not slain. They can be cashed in by the opponent to cause various negative effects for the model, but the maximum number of Blood Markers that any model can have at one time is six.
Why am I banging on about Blood Markers? Because the Black Grail have an similar mechanic called "Infection Markers" which are like souped up Blood Markers. Up to six Infection Markers can be given to a model in addition to any Blood Markers they have, (basically doubling the number of Blood Markers they can have) for further nasty possibilities. What's more, you automatically add more infection markers to infected models each turn!
And these doggies are one of the best ways to spread Infection Markers! They're very fast, and they spread infection markers just by being close to an enemy model and also by attacking! So they can just run up the board straight away, get right into the midst of the enemy, and then even if they die, they'll have had a lasting impact!

Thank you for joining me this week on The Art of Caesura! I'll see you next week for more!
Watching: Traitors (Ireland - Season 2)
Reading: Nothing Has Happened to You - Rory Say
Next Week:
Guarding corpses...





Comments
Post a Comment
Tell me all...